- This event has passed.
March Meeting: Seeking Shelter – Exploring the Affordable Housing Crisis, DPCTB elections
March 28 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Students, young professionals, families, and seniors alike are increasingly facing the same reality that finding an affordable place to live is becoming harder and harder. Please join us at our next monthly meeting to explore information on affordable housing and how it effects our local communities. The meeting will feature a panel discussion with a variety of speakers who are experts, community leaders, and individuals impacted by the growing affordable housing crisis in Tampa Bay. There are many contributing factors to the affordable housing issue occurring in our neighborhoods that we will discuss with our speakers through question and answer sessions. We will seek to research and understand possible solutions such as Community Redevelopment Areas and their role in local investment and the growth of affordable housing. Feel free to bring your thoughtful questions to ask our panel!
This monthly meeting will also contain our caucus leadership elections. Paid members of the DPCTB will have the opportunity to hear from and elect a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and five board members that are responsible for shaping the direction the caucus takes as it works to push the Democratic Party to the left. If you are a current member of our caucus and the Florida Democratic Party and wish to nominate yourself for one of these positions please see our Facebook Announcement on the DPCTB group for a full listing of responsibilities of each position and what is needed to run and contact Michael DeLoach at email@example.com
The DPCTB is working toward critical structural changes to our current Bylaws and will be voting on an amendment to our existing Bylaws during our upcoming meeting. The new draft Bylaws can be found in red-line format here for review prior to the upcoming meeting.
- Language in the anti-discrimination provisions is required to be updated to meet new FDP guidelines so that the caucus can be re-certified.
- Certain provisions are being updated to align our Bylaws more closely with Amendment that was passed last year to the DPCF Bylaws. This is not required, but keeps us on closer footing with our parent organization.
- Some language is being updated to slightly reorganize the committees, including revising the duties to more aptly match how the caucus is currently functioning.
- Language is being added to make the outgoing president an automatic voting member of the Board of Directors for one term, at their discretion, to maintain some continuity of leadership during and after elections.
- Additional minor editorial, formatting, and non-contextual changes are being made throughout to improve the quality of the document as a whole.
The nominating committee is happy to announce a full slate of declared candidates for Officer and Board of Director positions. Information about the candidates can be reviewed here. We will of course allow the opportunity for declared candidates from the floor in line with Robert’s Rules of Order.